The North Main Association is a neighborhood-scale effort to promote economic revitalization. Our members and board are residents and business owners from the North Main area. We were organized in 2009 and have been working with the City of Sheridan to increase residential and commercial development that respects the community’s character and adds to the community’s economic vitality.
Open Space and Recreation Completed:
- Green space at new I90 overpass and at site of old interchange/North Park
- Pathways have been expanded throughout areas on both sides of I 90 with some in hard surface, some in soft surface
- Thorne-Rider improvements include repaved year-round tennis facility and planned restoration of navigable waters along the creek. Pickle-ball courts have been added and the Food Forrest is going full swing.
- Doubleday Sports Complex
Strong Retail/Mixed Use Core:
- Retain existing & attract new businesses
- We are working with the Chamber of Commerce to help sponsor the 5th Annual Ignite Your Business Conference in May
Economic Development to date for North Main:
- I-90 Interchange
- Vaccutech, 120 new jobs, expansion planned
- Ptolemy moving to Hi Tech Park and expanding
- Doubleday Sports Complex
- Common Cents expansion
- Sheridan College Arena
- Ramaco Coal
- Expansion of Kennon
Design Aesthetics Completed:
- Decorative lampposts, elevated planters with irrigation, bench pads and trash receptacles planned from First Street to the Interchange
Enhanced Transportation Network:
- Improve auto, pedestrian & bike access
- Create a safe and attractive pedestrian area along Main Street and its corridors with more benches and decorative enhancements such as flowers, which we work with DSA, flags, and Christmas Decorations.
- We will be submitting a Grant to help pay for some of these items.
Infrastructure in Place to Date:
- First Street to Fort Road road widening and sidewalk installation
- Fort Road to Interchange road widening and sidewalk installation planned for the spring 2018
- Septic lift station at Tomlinson easement in North Park
- Water transmission lines at Elementary School site
EVENTS & HAPPENINGS
The North Main Association and their members, remain firmly committed to the revitalization of the North Main area. The reconstruction of North Main from 5th Street to Fort Road was an amazing transformation. You can see the pride in ownership in that area. Sheridan College has committed to the area with their new large animal facility and the High Tech Park received the only “shovel ready site” certification in the entire state! The upcoming massive project extending from Fort Road all the way out to the new interchange will be the catalyst for a myriad of opportunities - - not only for commercial enterprise but also new residential areas, a new multi sports complex, recreational amenities, pathways, the naturalization of Goose Creek and, of equal importance,a beautiful gateway into our community that we can all be proud of.
Our mission is to build an active and prosperous North Main community by championing economic development, infrastructure, design aesthetics, open space and recreational initiatives.This revitalization of North Main encourages new development in the business, residential and recreational sectors, benefiting the entire Sheridan community.